Skip to content Sitemap

Tenant FAQs

Where do I pay my rent?

You can pay online through your Tenant Portal with your bank account (free!) or debit/credit card (additional fees apply).
We also accept Personal Checks, Money Orders, and Cashier’s Checks. These can be dropped off to our office in West Salem (there is a drop box for after hours payments), or mailed to Crown Property Management, Inc. PO Box 5790 Salem OR 97304. Be sure to sign and write your rental address on your payment to prevent delays in processing.

How much do I owe?

You can check your account balance any time through your Tenant Portal.

What is the Tenant Portal?

The Tenant Portal provides you with secure online access to your account where you can pay rent (free if you pay with your bank account), send in maintenance requests, see your account balance, and view your payment history. Each roommate is able to create their own account. To set up your portal click HERE.

What are your office hours?

Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

What if I have an emergency after hours?

Call the authorities immediately if you or someone else is being threatened or is in danger. If you have a maintenance or other emergency that may involve management, call the office! We have a dedicated call center that accepts calls after hours, on weekends, and during holidays. Not sure it qualifies as an emergency? When in doubt, call 503-485-2600 and follow the prompts. The call center will help you determine what qualifies as an emergency.

I want a pet! What do I do?

Before you get a pet, contact the office to make sure your rental allows pets and the type/breed/size you desire. If approved, you will need to pay an additional security deposit. If pets are allowed at your rental and the type/breed/size you desire is permitted, we’ll need a picture and a description of the pet (including breed, age, and current weight) sent to You may also stop by our office with this information.
Please note, puppies are not permitted. All dogs must be one year of age or older.

My household wants to move. What should I do?

All tenants on the lease must sign a 30 Day Notice to Vacate Residence form. Make sure to include your forwarding address so final paperwork and security deposit disposition can be returned to you. Please review the 30 Day Notice to Vacate Residence form and contact our office with any questions.

I want to move, but my roommate is staying. What do I do?

The roommate(s) who are staying must provide current income statements to show they will still qualify for the home. If they are approved to remain, all parties on the lease must sign a remove addendum in our office prior to roommate(s) to be removed from the lease.

I want to get a roommate. What do they need to do?

Please notify us via email or phone that you would like to add a roommate and what their name is. Have your roommate print out a Rental Application and bring it to our office with the $45 application fee, income verification, and a valid photo ID. Your roommate can move in if they are approved by our office and once all parties sign an addendum to add the roommate(s) to the lease.

My lease is almost up. Do I have to move?

Generally, your lease automatically converts to a month to month agreement. Please contact us if you have any questions.

I moved out. What do I do with my keys?

If your household has moved out, return all keys to our office so we know you have vacated the unit. A drop box is available at our office (357 Glen Creek Rd NW #37 Salem, OR 97304). if you will be returning keys after business hours, be sure to place the keys inside an envelope with your name and rental address. Garage door openers can be left on the kitchen counter. If you moved out but others on the lease are staying, call our office! We need to start the process to remove you from the lease.

How long is my lease?

Most lease terms are 6 months – 1 year. Please consult your agreement or contact our office for details on your agreement. Generally, after your lease term is up, your agreement automatically converts to month to month.

How do I write a check?